Amanda is a Yoga Instructor and Personal Trainer residing in Winnipeg, Manitoba. In a nutshell she loves working with people to help them achieve their best possible life, she loves to travel, laugh and enjoys a good bottle of red.
Her sister brought her to her first yoga class in the summer of 2004. She fell in love with yoga’s ability to create expansiveness in your body and mind, making it a lot easier to live a balanced life. It was at her workplace that offered yoga at lunch when she decided she wanted to teach and share the benefits of movement with others. Signing up mainly as a way to meet new co-workers ended up starting her on a path that she was not expecting. The way yoga made her feel the entire day was awesome. She found herself looking forward to Mondays!
After making the decision that she wanted to share this experience with others, she completed her 200-hour yoga teacher training from YYoga's Teachers' College. Continuing on this path Amanda worked towards other certifications including her Personal Training.
You can expect from her sessions; encouragement to move to your full potential, a focus on body alignment, a chance to calm your mind from the stresses of daily life, challenging sessions that match your ability and a quirky sense of humour. Amanda will work with you to reach your goals and augment any existing training regime you may have. Amanda currently resides in Winnipeg however, she is available for contracts around Manitoba and the world!
Certifications & Training's
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, YYoga Teachers College
- 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, Association for Yoga and Meditation, India
- Joga Level 1, Joga with Jana
- Emergency First Aid/CPR Level C, Criti Care
- Group Fitness, Manitoba Fitness Council
- Resistance Training, Manitoba Fitness Council
- Individual Fitness Leader, Manitoba Fitness Council
- Thai Massage Mod 1 - 3, Navina Thai Yoga Therapy
- Bachelor of Recreation and Community Development, University of Manitoba